Mission statement of the Institute of Statistics and Computer Information Systems
“For the College of Business Administration Student, to Promote student learning in the areas of Statistics, Computer Information Systems and Quantitative Methods through teaching, research, community service; and, particularly, through the offering of majors in Statistics and Computer Information Systems. To develop their intellectual curiosity, lifelong learning, ethical values, technological skills, as well as critical and analytical thinking, within the business environment. To facilitate work experiences that will foster the exchange of ideas for the benefit of society.”
CIS Program mission statement
“To form professionals that can effectively implement and manage information systems and technologies in organizations, both at the local and the global level.”
Program Educational Objectives:
- To actively participate in any stage of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- To apply technological, analytical, and critical thinking skills in the solution of problems related to information systems in organizations.
- To take into consideration the context in which information systems operate when implementing and managing these systems.
- To maintain the professional expertise by updating her/his knowledge in technology and information systems.
- To perform professional functions showing respect and appreciation for ethical values, interpersonal relationships, communication, and teamwork.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgements in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Support the delivery, use, and management of information systems within an information systems environment.
Enrollment and Graduates